In many respects, resilient infrastructure must have a platform based on resilient individuals and communities. The two are tightly linked - - you cannot have one without the other. Both have a common goal - - what is the best way to manage individual and collective stress.
The article listed 10 tips for developing a stronger resilient personality. These are:
- Develop a gore set of beliefs that nothing can shake.
- Try to find meaning in whatever stressful or traumatic thing has happened.
- Try to maintain a positive outlook.
- Take cues from someone who is especially resilient.
- Don't run from things that scare you: face them.
- Be quick to reach out for support when things go haywire.
- Learn new things as often as you can.
- Find an exercise regimen you'll stick to.
- Don't beat yourself up or dwell on the past.
- Recognize what makes you uniquely strong - and own it.