- Mexico Shale (Mexico) - - $15.1
- Duvernay Shale (Canada) - - $10.6
- Neuquen Shale (Argentina) - - $8.4
- Sichuan Shale (China) - - $4.9
- Huron Shale (U.S.) - - $1.7
"The more shale gas America uses, the more local the energy business becomes. Deliveries from gas basins in the southwest to the markets in the heavily populated Atlantic seaboard in the northeast are dwindling. The development of the Marcellus shale is displacing long-distance supplies with gas from Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia."