- It is better to die helpless and unarmed and as victims rather than as tyrants.
- The purer the sufferings, the greater is the progress.
- It may be that in the transition state we may make mistakes; there may be avoidable suffering. These things are preferable to national emasculation.
- We must refuse to wait for the wrong to be righted till the wrong-doer has been roused to a sense of his iniquity.
- One must scrupulously avoid the temptation of a desire for results.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Gandhi's Moral Calculus (1920 - 1946)
The superiority of nonviolence from Young India, May 12, 1920; Harijan, March 17, 1946.