- Google Yourself - - It sounds obvious, but do it regularly and then compare your results with those you get from searching your peers.
- Protect Your Identity - - Purchase an Internet domain in your name and use it to open accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms.
- Create a Business Profile - - Choose a broad network such as Linkedin or an industry-specific one. Join relevant groups and communities.
- Use What You Have At Work - - Contribute to platforms set up by your employer. Reach out to colleagues.
- Post Public Content - - Update your Facebook and Linkedin pages; participate in a discussion group thread; tweet; upload a presentation to YouTube.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Social Media Must-Dos
From the November 2010 issue of the Harvard Business Review - - What's Your Personal Social Media Strategy by Soumitra Sutta. A list of must-dos for the connected world: