Burns stated the rather obvious - - "Things will start to turn around when the first politican doesn't fake it." Maybe not like the streets of Cario or London, but Burns recommends we get at seven critical issues rather quickly - - and not one of these will have much faking in them:
- Break the back of the finance/banking complex. Both parties are allowing the bankers to play the game of heads-they-win, tails-you-lose. They take your money, take their risks - - backed by our government.
- Whip the insurance medical complex. Medicare Part D - - the income for life bill. Who are the bad guys in the Rise of the Planet of the Apes?
- Get real about unlimited health care entitlement. It is estimated that between 10 and 30 percent of Medicare spending is just plan old fraud. Another 30 percent is waste and unnecessary. And we still almost all die in the ape movies - - from what? A virus.
- Admit, and share adversity. Higher taxes and means testing on Social Security.
- Want to be a member of the USA? Civilization has a cost - - 50% of the population does not pay any taxes. Zero. Something needs to go into the pot for everyone.
- Higher tax rates for the very well off. If you can send you kid to summer camp on a private jet, you need to get into the line marked, "Redistribution."
- Cut defense spending and change foreign policy. Spend only what the top five combined largest militaries spend - - we currently spend the total of the top twenty. I never saw the Marine Corps come into play in the movie.