- Economic growth is a demanding master - the more you have, the more you need. Can Texas continue to draw large number of job seekers?
- Dallas has a shortage of policemen and firefighters, and is having problems recruiting trainees because of the cloud over the pension fund.
- Declining manufacturing employment and share of GDP are hurting the U.S. - without manufacturing you start to lose your position in the global value chain. Finance, real estate, and the service sector have a daunting challenge to make up the difference.
- What about hydrogen fuel cell powered cars that get their hydrogen from gasoline?
- The median price of a house the U.S. is $234,900. The median in Texas is $249,900.
- Our sleep challenged society costs the U.S. economy $411 billion in lost productivity per year.
Sunday, April 2, 2017
What I Learned From the Sunday Paper
My notes from the Dallas Morning News today - -