- It's important for a leader to focus on the technical details of his industry or business. But it's vital to focus on details related specifically to people in the organization.
- People talk to you in different ways - - through facial expressions. moods, mannerisms, body language, the tone in their voice, the look in their eyes.
- As a leader, you must be able to read your players.
- A leader has to be positive about all things that happen to his team. Look at nothing in the past as failure.
- You cannot win every game. But you can learn from every game.
- It takes courage not only to make decisions, but to live with those decisions afterward.
- A leader has to have the courage to make a key decision in a split second.
- Courage and confidence are what decision-making is all about.
- Don't let a single game break your heart.
Check out ESPN's Greatest Coach On The Planet debate - - http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5846363